Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cake or Ice-Cream?


I was one of those kids that didn't like cake....cake or frosting for that matter!  I was (really still to this day) all about the ICE-CREAM!  Leave the cake, I'll take the ice-cream.


The only cake that I enjoyed as a child was spice cake and it HAD to have cream cheese frosting, not overly sweet vanilla buttercream....that never would have done, the frosting had to be made with cream cheese and butter.

I've developed a GF Spice Cake layered with (YES, you've guessed it!) Cream Cheese Buttercream, it's reminiscent of those childhood parties, you won't even notice that the gluten is missing.  If you are like me and love spice cake, this cake will be on GF Belly Baking Co.'s menu although dressed up a little differently than you see here...it will have three layers of spiced cake and it will be completely encased in fluffy cream cheese frosting.

I hope to be in the full swing of selling my goodies at local Farmers' Markets later this summer, now aiming for late summer/early autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment