Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

September Dahlias & Biscotti

 September Blooms

Fig, Almond & Anise Chocolate Chunk Biscotti

September showers always send me into the kitchen.  Figs are a likely candidate for baking and preserving this time of year.  Today I dressed up my Fig & Almond Biscotti with a touch of anise and chocolate.  I'm sharing my classic recipe with students in my upcoming Gluten-Free Italian Festa. And for those of you that will miss out on the class I will post it for you very soon!  Autumn is the season for biscotti...the crisp chill in the air beckons a warm cup of coffee or tea, the perfect pairing with biscotti.  These twice baked cookies are meant to be dunked and eaten, in Tuscany we dipped our biscotti into glasses of Vin Santo, but any wine will do.  I  prefer a warming cup of chai or french-pressed coffee with cream especially during autumn and winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment